Are you following a raw food diet? There are lots of people who eat raw food because they want to make sure that they get all the essential nutrients included in the food. There is lots of food which loses its nutrients once it is cooked. This is the reason why you need to eat them in their raw form.
Some of the nutritionists believe that a person must have at least 95 percent of their daily food in the raw form. There are lots of vegetables and fruits which are applicable in this kind of a diet.
On the other hand there are certain foods which are not applicable in the raw diet. These foods cannot be eaten raw due to a number of reasons. Some of these foods even contain a certain amount of toxin.
You need to get rid of the toxic element by cooking the food. It is very important to collect the list of forbidden foods which cannot be eaten in the raw form. Plants are often attacked by animals. They do not have the capability to run away from them.
This is the reason why they have some inbuilt mechanism which helps to protect them from danger. These plants usually defend themselves with the help of certain biochemical. These toxins can be removed by cooking this kind of food.
When you provide high heat the natural toxins are destroyed and hence they can be eaten without worry. But you should make sure that you avoid eating these foods in their raw form if you want to avoid injury, illness as well as death. Some of the forbidden foods are:
• Kidney Beans are the first food that you need to avoid eating raw. When this food is raw it contains a toxic element called phytohaemagglutinin. You might not get poisoned unless you eat these kidney beans in a larger quantity. But if you eat them raw they might cause problems like diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. So to avoid these problems always cook the kidney beans well before eating.
• Parsnips are the other thing which you should never eat in its raw form. This is a root vegetable which is resembles carrot. This vegetable contains the toxic called psoralens. This toxic is actually potent light activated carcinogens and mutagens. This vegetable is rich in vitamins and minerals and can provide lots of nutrition when cooked.
• Taro should not be eaten raw. This is actually a leafy vegetable which is not much popular in the western world. This item contains trypsin and lectins which can be toxic for your body. This is the reason why having a raw food diet with it.
• Potatoes are the next vegetable which you should not eat raw. It contains solanine and chaconine which can prove to be hazardous to your health. There are some wonderful recipes of potatoes which can be included in your diet.
• Finally you need to make sure that you avoid raw meat as well as other raw animal products.