If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more! The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions!
This chocolate mousse berry cake is a raw frozen dessert that is full of healthy fats like avocado, will satisfy your chocolate craving, and leave you feeling happy and healthy. This is seriously decadent. Sounds raw-tastic.
Raw Chocolate Mousse Berry Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1-1/2 cup walnuts
- 1-1/2 cup dates
- About 6 strawberries
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Berry Layer:
- 1 cup dates, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Blueberries for topping
- Combine the dates and walnuts in a food processor. Pulse until a “dough” is formed. Press into the bottom of a springform pan. Then, cut the strawberries into thin slices and line them along the side of the pan. Place the pan in the fridge while making the chocolate layer.
- In the food processor, combine avocados, banana, melted coconut oil, cacao, vanilla, coconut nectar, and sea salt. Pulse until the avocado is fully creamed with the other ingredients. Add more coconut nectar to taste (depending on the size of your avocados, you will need more/less sugar). Remove the crust from the fridge and pour the chocolate layer evenly over the crust. Freeze while making the berry layer.
- In a blender or the food processor, combine pre-soaked dates (strained), frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, and non-dairy milk. Blend/process until the smooth. When the chocolate layer is set, pour the berry layer evenly over the chocolate. Freeze for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, leave the pan out to soften for 5 minutes before opening the springform pan. Finish it off by topping with fresh blueberries. Serve slightly softened, but still semi-frozen.
EXPLORE MORE RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS: