Fatty liver disease is a mild condition that is estimated to affect over 30% of all people in the Western world. It is linked to diabetes, hypertension, obesity, bad breath, and other symptoms.
If you suffer from fatty liver disease, here are ten steps you can take to heal your liver and reverse the condition.
1. Eat more raw vegetables – lettuce, tomato, cucumber… Half of what you eat (in volume) should come from raw vegetables. They are high in fiber and vitamins and for reasons yet unknown are linked to a healthy liver.
2. Exercise more – after raw vegetables, exercise is the most important addition to a liver protecting lifestyle.
3. Avoid milk – milk, yogurt, cheese and other dairy products induce inflammation. It is virtually impossible to stop ongoing inflammation without drugs if you don’t stop taking these for a while. Fatty liver disease results from inflammation.
4. Avoid meat – read meat is especially harmful for your liver. This is not an essential step and by avoiding I mean don’t eat it every day. You don’t need to go vegetarian!
5. Avoid coffee, tobacco, and drugs, including pharmacy drugs. Your liver has to clean those out of your organism. The less resources it uses in detoxing the more it has available to heal itself.
6. Use artichokes – there are many recipes on the Internet. Artichoke has even reversed cases of liver cancer and cirrhosis, so don’t overlook this tip.
7. Eat more fruit – akin to raw vegetables, raw fruit has substances that modern science only now is beginning to understand. Yet unknown are the ones responsible for the liver protection effect of almost all fruits (especially berries), so you can’t find them elsewhere but in the original product.
8. Drink more water. In order to detox and heal your liver will go through a series of enzymatic reactions that require loads of water. Make sure you provide it.
9. Have a raw meal at least twice a week. Heating food destroys many of its enzymes, some of which act directly on your liver to heal it. Learn a few raw food recipes and try them twice a week.
10. Use supplements containing milk thistle, turmeric, and ginger. These three herbs were used in several studies showing an effect similar to artichoke. There are several supplements on the market that combine them.