15 Foods You Should Never Eat Raw

3. Rhubarb leaves

Fresh cut rhubarb laying on a table Even a small amount is dangerous. | iStock.com/jamais_vu

Rhubarb root is poisonous when raw. The leaves are incredibly dangerous no matter what.

Rhubarb leaves contain a toxin called oxalic acid which can cause serious kidney damage or even death. Symptoms of the poisoning include difficulty breathing, burning in your mouth or throat, nausea, vomiting, eye pain, stomach pain, and red urine. A small amount can make you very ill and eating ten pounds will almost certainly kill you.

Next: Skip these on your salad.

Share!
Share On Twitter
Share On Linkedin
Share On Pinterest
Share On Stumbleupon
Share On Reddit
Loading Facebook Comments ...
0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply